Below is a list of some of our most frequently asked questions. If your question does not appear on the list please email us at email@example.com
- Do I need an edit?
- Why should I pick Proofed to Perfection?
- Are Proofed to Perfection’s prices competitive?
- How does the editing process work?
- How long will an edit take?
- Will an edit guarantee that I get published?
- What is the most important consideration in selecting a book editor?
- How can I increase my chances of getting published?
- Should I copyright my manuscript before sending it to an editor?
- I’m an editor interested in freelance work. Are you hiring?
- What do agents and publishing house editors look for in a manuscript?
- What is “backstory,” and how do I remedy it?
BASIC GUIDELINES FOR WORD COUNT BASED ON GENRE:
- Fiction—60,000 to 100,000 wds
- Young Adult—50,000 to 70,000 wds
- Short Story—under 15,000 wds
- Novella—15,000 to 40,000 wds